Enrollment Open Now Through End of 2023
Humboldt County, CA – Ganjier, the first-of-its-kind, expert-led cannabis certification program, has announced the opening of its 2024 class. From across the globe, cannabis enthusiasts, connoisseurs, advocates, industry professionals, and those transitioning from other industries now have the opportunity to embark on a transformative educational journey in this immersive Cannabis Sommelier Certification program.
New for this year, as a result of significant growth in interest in Ganjier over the past 12 months:
- A return of open enrollment for the program
- The class of 2024 will be limited to 240 participants for optimal student/teacher ratios, attention and support
- Five (5) full-ride scholarships for those impacted by the War On Drugs
- Certification exams to be held off-site in several major U.S. major cities, to make it more convenient than ever to get complete certification.
- Enhanced collaboration opportunities within this global network of students, grads & instructors.
Ganjier® is a revolutionary cannabis sommelier certification program, the brainchild of preeminent industry experts comprising the Ganjier Council, with a mission to create a new breed of cannabis professionals dedicated to elevating quality in all facets of cannabis. This groundbreaking program offers a multi-tiered approach to cannabis education, providing students with the knowledge, skills, and expertise needed to excel in the cannabis industry.
“Certified Ganjiers are empowered to elevate industry standards while serving as trusted guides for consumers,” said Derek Gilman, the Managing Director of Ganjier. “Every other epicurean field, such as coffee, wine, beer, or chocolate has long had trained professionals that assess the quality and guide consumers in their experience and their product choices. That simply didn’t exist in cannabis before Ganjier.”
Ganjier’s reach extends far beyond the U.S., with students and graduates hailing from countries such as Canada, Mexico, Germany, Australia, Italy, Israel, France, the UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Thailand, Chile, Brazil, and Moldova.
“This is the education I have been searching for over the last 20 years! I’ve long considered myself a cannabis connoisseur, but this program is taking my appreciation and understanding of the plant to another level,” said Ricky Williams, former NFL running back, cannabis entrepreneur, and Ganjier student. “I’ve already begun implementing some of the lessons I’ve learned into the quality control processes for the products of my brand Highsman.”
Ganjier’s student body is as diverse as it is passionate, including CEOs, multi-generational craft cultivators, budtenders, retail managers, physicians, nurses, attorneys, wine sommeliers, entrepreneurs, scientists, pharmacists, chefs, culinary professionals, policy experts, professional athletes, and more.
“Ganjier has been an invaluable asset, providing me with the necessary tools, resources, and framework to bring these principles to life in my teaching and experiences, said Dharshini Casinathen, a Certified Ganjier and owner of Joy Leaf NJ who is also a CPA and former Sr. Director of Finance at one of the most recognizable soft drink brands in the world.
The Three Pillars of Ganjier® are:
- Knowledge: Through ten online courses featuring over thirty hours of video content and extensive reading materials, Ganjier students gain a deep understanding of cannabis from multiple perspectives.
- Skill Set: Ganjier goes beyond theory by offering in-person, hands-on training at the beautiful, sprawling 243-acre Ganjier Campus in Humboldt, CA
- Community: The Ganjier experience extends beyond the classroom with in-person networking opportunities on campus, weekly video meetings, and exclusive online social groups.
Graduates of the Ganjier program emerge as Masters of Cannabis Service™, equipped with the expertise to elevate the cannabis experience for consumers and elevate the industry’s standards.
.”Ever since becoming a Certified Ganjier, my life has been full of articles, cannabis assessments, speeches, speaking engagements, interviews, board meetings, expos, guest appearances, and advocacy at every turn,” said Matthew Jerome, Founder at Meristem Cannabis Consulting. “It’s been the best decision I’ve ever made.”
The path to becoming a Certified Ganjier involves:
- Access to 10 informationally rich online courses featuring all 18 members of the Ganjier Council to learn the necessary knowledge to be a Ganjier.
- Access to the Ganjier Systematic Assessment Protocol™ (known as The SAP) to assess the true quality of cannabis flower and concentrates.
- Access to the Ganjier Customer Interaction Protocol™ (known as The CIP) to provide the highest quality service to cannabis consumers.
- The Ganjier in-person, hands-on live training sessions to further develop your assessment and service skills.
- A 3-part exam covering cannabis knowledge, cannabis service, and cannabis assessment protocols.
To learn more about Ganjier and how to start a Cannabis Sommelier Certification journey of your own, visit Ganjier’s website.